Monday, February 7, 2011

スローライフカフェ ソファ (slow life cafe SOFA)

I have a new bff in Okayama. His name is Andrew and he just started working with us. We went shopping together to look for a present for his girlfriend (I hope she likes what we picked out!).

I had passed this cute cafe (SOFA http://r.tabelog.com/okayama/A3301/A330101/33006260/dtlrvwlst/) a few times on my way to the library, so we decided to check it out during our excursion. The concept of "slow life cafes" are pretty popular in Japan. It promotes relaxing in a comfortable environment while sipping tea or eating comfort food.



Checking out the menu...

Sometimes we struggle with the Japanese descriptions...

Andrew's choice.

Hot lemonade with soba honey (yes, soba! buckwheat noodles!!) and 2 scones (salt and black sugar & caramel chocolate)

My choice: cinnamon and apple scone with cinnamon tea

The cafe was nicely decorated with eclectic furniture and had an interesting menu-not your typical coffee shop.


I'm not good at taking pictures, but it's cute, right?

The scones were really good and so was the tea! I will definitely come back sometime! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment