Japan has all these different Kit Kat flavors every season and I love going into a combini (aka convenience store) and seeing a new flavor out.
I used to collect them, but it actually became a quite expensive hobby--especially because I thought they were so special that I wouldn't want to eat them, so now I just take pictures of them or buy them as presents for people back home.
My boss gave me one the other day that was Daigaku-imo flavor!
Daigaku-imo is this sweet, sticky sweet potato dessert. It tasted really good! Sometimes they have weird flavors like wasabi, cheese, veggie juice...I guess they are running out of ideas by now... :/
At the bottom it says, "Believe in yourself." In Japan, Kit Kats are given to students before they take entrance exams (usually in Jan and Feb) because when they pronounce Kit Kat it sounds like "kitto katto" which means "You'll win for sure."
Kinda cute, right?
Here are some othes that I've collected over the years:
No comments:
Post a Comment